You see your parents becoming more forgetful. Maybe Dad refuses to go to the doctor, and denies that anything is wrong. Mom keeps asking you the same questions over and over. Maybe one of your parents has been diagnosed with early Alzheimer’s, and you don’t want to wait until there’s a crisis to find out what kind of help is available, what the options are. Or, maybe that crisis has already occurred and you don’t know where to turn.
Care Corner offers geriatric planning and assessments by our professional nurses and social workers.
The assessment can help to answer the following questions:
- How safe are my parents at home?
- What are the appropriate resources available to them, including:
- Community and support groups
- Support services such as home care and others
- How can families assist in delaying or managing symptoms
- Approaches to handling challenging behaviors in people with Alzheimer’s and dementia